Monday 9 January 2012

4Pane and Arch Linux

Today I have installed file manager 4Pane (also new for me) from AUR in my Arch Linux. There is problem with installing, makepkg fails in compilation with error: /usr/bin/ld: 4Pane_MyFrame.o: undefined reference to symbol 'gtk_settings_get_default' /usr/bin/ld: note: 'gtk_settings_get_default' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [4Pane] Error 1 In result of googling I try to run next command LDLIBS="-lgtk-x11-2.0" makepkg But nothing changed. Next I read generated Makefile and added option directly in it, but it was useless as Makefile generated automaticaly on every run of makepkg. And then I see inside of configure and find next lines: LIBS libraries to pass to the linker, e.g. -l<library> CPPFLAGS (Objective) C/C++ preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if you have headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir> CXX C++ compiler command CXXFLAGS C++ compiler flags CXXCPP C++ preprocessor Seems that I found not right environment variable and after changing LDLIBS to LIBS this error disappeared but appeared new very similar to it and final command that fixed all problems was: LIBS="-lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgobject-2.0" makepkg

No comments: